There are public airports located in major cities on the island such as Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas (STT), Red Hook, Christiansted, Frederiksted, St Croix (STX), and Kingshill. Several other airports offer services for private and transient aircraft only.
What is the best time of year to visit the Virgin Islands?
The best time of year to visit the Virgin Islands is in December. This is because:
- December is peak season, with prices highest and crowds at their peak.
- Summer is great for beach-lovers, but it’s also when you’ll see temperatures in the high 80s.
- Spring brings clear skies but bigger crowds than summer and autumn.
- Fall sees pleasant temperatures, though it does bring hurricanes along with it too!
Which airlines fly to the Virgin Islands?
You can fly to the Virgin Islands on American Airlines, Cape Air, Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, and Seaborne Airlines.
What are the busiest days for traveling to the Virgin Islands?
Which airport should I use for flying to the Virgin Islands?
For flying to the Virgin Islands, you will likely arrive at one of these airports:
- Cyril E. King International Airport (STT)
- Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport (EIS)
- Taddy Bay International Airport (VIJ)
- Henry E. Rohlsen Airport (STX)
- Auguste George Airport (NGD)
Flights to the Virgin Islands do not have to be expensive.
Finding cheap flights to the Virgin Islands is not impossible. It just takes a bit of research and effort. Here are some tips on how you can find the best deals:
- Search online travel sites like Kayak, Expedia, Orbitz, or Travelocity for flight prices. These sites search multiple airlines at once so that you get an idea of what the cheapest fares are. They also compare prices between different airports around the country.
- Check with your local airport’s website for any promos they might have going on right now (e.g., free baggage fees). If they’re offering something special they’ll usually list it on their homepage or promotions page along with other specials such as “airline tickets” or “flight deals”.
- Consider flying during off-peak times if possible since these tend to be less expensive than peak periods like winter vacations where everyone wants to go somewhere warm!
If you are planning a trip to the Virgin Islands and have not booked your flights yet, consider using one of the many online travel sites that can help you find cheap tickets.